Healthcare Literacy and Disparities, Dr. Martha Crowther
1. To examine the effects of ethnicity, class, gender, culture, sexual orientation and disability as these influence the experience of working with populations from diverse backgrounds in a healthcare context.
2. To emphasize the importance of studying intra as well as intergroup differences and similarities.
3. To examine the importance of understanding the historical roots of different ethnic groups and their salience in effecting mental and physical health outcomes.
4. To emphasize the importance of outreach and education with underserved populations to impact health outcomes.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 ACPE TechnicianAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 Attendance