Recorded The 2023 Beers Criteria: No Longer Just a Draft
Providing care for older adult patients requires many considerations for safe medication use. Several tools are available to help utilize the most appropriate medications in older adults. The American Geriatrics Society Beers Criteria is one of the most commonly utilized tools and has been updated in 2023. This presentation will review the changes made to the criteria and discuss the appropriate use of the criteria in practice.
This knowledge-based program is intended for pharmacists and nurses.
- Define potentially inappropriate medications in older adults.
- Recognize the appropriate use and application of the American Geriatrics Society Beers Criteria.
- Outline the changes between the 2019 and 2023 version of the AGS Beers Criteria.
- Given a patient case, determine therapeutic recommendations based on the application of the AGS Beers Criteria.
A copy of the presentation slides are located within the course content. Once you have registered for the course, please navigate to the 'Take Course' tab and click the navy blue 'Take Course' button. Navigate to the 'Course Materials' section of the course using the left-hand menu and download a PDF version of the program presentation.
Dr. Amber Hutchison is a 2007 graduate of Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy. She is currently an Associate Clinical Professor at HCOP where she serves as a skills lab coordinator in the second and third professional years. Her practice site is at the Skilled Nursing Facility at East Alabama Medical Center and is an internal medicine preceptor for fourth year pharmacy students.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this application-based program is 0001-0000-23-029-H01-P and is intended for pharmacists. The initial release date for this home-study program is July 5, 2023, and the intended expiration date is July 5, 2026.
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have a COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.