Recorded Dual Antiplatelet Therapy in Acute Coronary Syndrome Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention - Dr. Alyssa Osmonson
The use of dual antiplatelet therapy and its duration in acute coronary syndrome (ACS) after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is rapidly evolving. This presentation will focus on reviewing current evidence and recommendations on the use of DAPT in ACS post-PCI, with a focus on duration.
This knolwedge-based program is intended for pharmacists and nurses.
1. Identify characteristics, benefits, and risks of dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT)
2. Review current recommendations for use of DAPT in acute coronary syndrome (ACS) following percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
3. Define optimal duration of DAPT for ACS based on current evidence
4. Identify potential candidates for shortened duration of DAPT after PCI
A copy of the presentation slides are located within the course content. Once you have registered for the course, please navigate to the 'Take Course' tab and click the navy blue 'Take Course' button. Navigate to the 'Course Materials' section of the course using the left-hand menu and download a PDF version of the program presentation.
Dr. Alyssa Osmonson is a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in cardiology at Princeton Baptist Medical Center in Birmingham, Alabama. Originally from Dothan, Alabama, Alyssa completed her pre-pharmacy coursework at Auburn University and graduated with her Doctor of Pharmacy from the Harrison College of Pharmacy in 2019. After graduation, she moved to Birmingham, Alabama where she completed both a pharmacy practice residency and a specialty residency in adult internal medicine at Princeton Baptist Medical Center.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this application-based program is 0001-0000-23-030-H01-P and is intended for pharmacists. The initial release date for this home-study program is July 5, 2023, and the intended expiration date is July 5, 2026.
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have a COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.