2022 Consultant Pharmacist 6hr Update - Medication Management for the Older Adult- Auburn
**The 6 hour program is for pharmacists only**
Please register for this course if you are interested in participating in-person in Auburn.
This program will focus on disease states and medications that impact the older adult. The 6 hour program will be hosted simultaneously in Auburn, Mobile, and zoom webinar.
This knowledge-based program is intended for pharmacists
- Review consensus recommendations and treatment pathways for heart failure and ischemic stroke.
- Determine effective treatment regimens for patients with heart failure and non-cardioembolic stroke.
- Differentiate the roles of the various forms of omega 3 fatty acid for the treatment of hypertryglyceridemia and cardiovascular risk reduction
- Select the most appropriate triglyceride lowering agent for a given patient with hypertriglyceridemia
- Discuss the rate of comorbidity between medical and mental health conditions
- Describe the current evidence-based approaches for treating individuals with chronic medical conditions and mental health disorders
- Identify medications that interact with aspirin therapy concerning efficacy and bleeding
- Describe the risks and benefits of aspirin therapy when used for primary prevention
- Summarize major updates to the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes – 2022
- Recommend evidence-based pharmacotherapy for the management of hyperglycemia based on patient-specific factors according to the ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes – 2022
Saturday, July 9, 2022
8am Jessica Starr (Zoom) Updates in the Secondary Prevention of Stroke
9am Jessica Starr (Zoom) Updates in the Treatment of Heart Failure
10am Pamela Stamm (Auburn) Hypertriglyceridemia: How and When to Trim the Fat
11am Cherry Jackson (Zoom) Chronic Disease Management in Patients with Mental Health Disorders
1pm Sean Smithgall (Mobile) Will an Aspirin a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
2pm Allison Helmer (Mobile) Updates in Management of Type 2 Diabetes
*Times are CT and approximate, Locations (in parentheses) only indicate the presenters physical location.
The Walker Building, home of the Harrison College of Pharmacy and the Auburn University Employee Pharmacy, is located on War Eagle Way and the Thach Concourse in the heart of Auburn's campus. The Walker Building is easily walkable from most areas of campus and convenient parking spaces are located on War Eagle Way. If you have trouble finding us, call 334-844-8348 for more information, directions, and guidance.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-22-044-L01-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- 6.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have a COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.