Community Acquired Pneumonia in the Older Adult
The Community Acquired Pneumonia Guidelines were updated in Fall of 2019. There are many important updates to the guidelines that healthcare team members should be aware about, especially when it comes to caring for older adults.
The target audience for this course is Pharmacists and Nurses.
- Classify community acquired pneumonia based on patients-specific risk factors
- Explain updates to the guidelines for adult patients with community acquired pneumonia
- Discuss therapy considerations for older adult patients with community acquired pneumonia
- Develop a pharmacotherapeutic plan for an older adult patient with community acquired pneumonia.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-20-061-H01-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ABSWE
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 Attendance