COVID-19 Prevention & Treatments: Where Are We Now?
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused an unprecedented burden on the healthcare system. New information related to treatments, prevention, and the virus itself is continuous emerging. The focus of this continuing education program is to provide an update on the current phase of the pandemic, with a particular focus on treatment and preventative options. This project was funded in part through a grant from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, #OT2HL156812 – Alabama Community Engagement Alliance against COVID-19 Disparities (Alabama CEAL) project, under subcontracts with Research Triangle Institute and Westat, Inc.
This knowledge-based course is intended for Pharmacists, Nurses, and Social Workers.
1) Recognize the current epidemiology of COVID-19 and describe the progression of the omicron variant
2) Define long COVID and describe the symptoms and treatment/prevention options
3) Compare and contrast COVID-19 vaccines and review the current recommendations for administration
4) Evaluate the pharmacologic management options for patients requiring outpatient treatment of COVID-19
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-9999-22-006-L04-P is intended for pharmacists.
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ABSWE
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have A COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.