Diabetes: Second Line Therapy
This presentation will cover second-line therapy options available for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Attention will be given to the benefits and risks of those treatment options in the older adult population. Patient cases will be utilized to reinforce appropriateness in older adults.
The target audience for this course is Pharmacists and Nurses.
- Discuss the appropriate diagnosis of type 2 diabetes
- Determine glycemic goals in older adults
- Review treatment options for type 2 diabetes
- Apply therapy recommendations and clinical findings to older adult patient cases
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-20-056-H01-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 Attendance