February 25, 2023 - Improving Alabamians Health Through Prevention and Management of Diabetes, Heart Disease and Stroke - Auburn Live
Use Discount Code: ADPHDMCVD to participate free of charge
Through demonstration and application exercises, this program will provide the information and resources needed to implement diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention and management services within the community pharmacy setting.
Please complete the PREREQUISITE home study course for this program PRIOR to the live session. The home study course can be located HERE.
Supported by a grant provided by the Alabama Department of Public Health.
This experience-based course is intended for Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technicians.
- Review the current guideline recommendations for diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention and management
- Apply guideline recommendations to patient-specific situations
- Discuss opportunities for providing services and service reimbursement for diabetes and cardiovascular disease-related services in the community pharmacy setting
- Develop a business plan for the implementation of diabetes and cardiovascular disease-related services
- Accurately complete and assess the results of point-of-care tests including:
- Blood glucose
- Lipid panel
Program Packet Coming Soon
A copy of the presentation slides are located within the course content. Once you have registered for the course, please navigate to the "Take Course' tab and click the navy blue 'Take Course' button. Navigate to the 'Course Materials' section of the course using the left-hand menu and download a PDF version of the program presentation. Course materials will be added to the course the week of the live event.
8:00 – 8:30 am Program Introduction
8:30 – 9:00 am Case Study 1
9:00 – 9:30 am Case Study 2
9:30 – 9:45 am Break
9:45 – 10:30 am Developing a Business Plan
10:30 – 10:45 Discussion Panel
10:45 – 11:00 am Break
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Point-of-care Testing Demonstration and Training
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this experience-based program is 0001-9999-22-023-L01-P/T and is intended for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- 4.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 4.00 ACPE TechnicianAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have a COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.