The Influence of Social Determinants of Health on Health Disparities, Dr. Katelin Lisenby (Healthcare Providers)
This session targets a healthcare professional audience and will define the social determinants of health (SDOH) according to Healthy People 2030. The five key domain areas of SDOH and how they contribute to health disparities will also be explored. Populations vulnerable to health disparities and common health disparities in the Southeast will be described, along with general strategies to address these in the pursuit of health equity for all, including those with substance use disorders. The audience can expect to have a greater understanding of the relationship between how population groups experience “place” and the impact of “place” on health, and the important role healthcare professionals have.
1. Define social determinants of health according to Health People 2030
2. Describe the five key domains of social determinants of health according to Healthy People 2030 and how they relate to health disparities
3. Identify populations at risk for health disparities
4. Describe common health disparities in the Southeast along with general strategies to reduce health disparities and pursue health equity for all patients, including those with substance use disorders
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 ACPE TechnicianAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 Attendance