Let's Make A Difference: Naloxone, Dr. Karen Marlowe
The presentation will address the use of Naloxone nasal and injection. Those who watch the presentation will be able to recognize those suffering from opioid overdose, be able to administer naloxone and administer first aid until EMS arrives.
The Opioid Training Institute is a cooperative effort of the Alabama Department of Mental Health and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. It is made possible by a grant provided by SAMHSA.
This knowledge-based program is intended for Pharmacists (ACPE), Nurses (ABN), and Physicians (ACCME).
- Illustrate proper use of naloxone formulations
- Review Good Samaritan law and how it relates to naloxone administration
- Discuss accessibility of naloxone in Alabama
- Explain and provide examples of the dangers when handling unknown drugs and interacting with those with OUD
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-9999-23-012-H08-P and is intended for pharmacists. The initial release date for this home-study program is March 3, 2023 and the intended expiration date is March 3, 2026.
ABN - Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- Huntsville Hospital designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Huntsville Hospital and Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy. Huntsville Hospital is accredited by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 0.60 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 0.50 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™