Medicare Fraud: Clarification, Compliance and Consequences
This presentation will assist the audience with understanding the basics of the Medicare program, including the Medicare contractor landscape. Medicare fraud, waste and abuse, will be defined, along with the relevant laws that govern the Medicare program.
Examples of Medicare fraud and the associated potential penalties that apply with be reviewed.
Attendees will be instructed how to report Medicare fraud and will be provided resources related to these topics.
- Understand the basics of the Medicare program
- Define fraud, waste and abuse
- Identify relevant laws related to fraud and abuse that govern the Medicare program
- Discuss examples of Medicare fraud
- Explain ways to avoid and report Medicare fraud
Paula Motes, RN, BSN
Paula Motes is a Part B Senior Education Consultant with Palmetto GBA. Her job responsibilities include development and coordination of Part B provider education activities and developing training materials utilizing data analysis. After acquiring more than ten years of Medicare experience, Paula joined the Provider Outreach and Education team at Palmetto GBA in February 2018. Paula has over 30 years of experience as a registered nurse in a variety of areas ranging from Medical-Surgical, Critical Care, PACU, Quality Management, Clinical Auditing, Utilization Management, Medical Review and Data Analysis. Her goal is to create a partnership with Medicare providers and use data analysis to help educate providers on Medicare coverage and how to reduce billing errors.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-21-029-L03-P/T
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 ACPE TechnicianAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.