Opioid Calculations and Conversions, Dr. Taylor Steuber
This webinar addresses the topic of converting opioids and the five-step process to do so. This presentation also covers resources available to help with this task.
The target audience for this program are Pharmacists
1. Define common terms used during opioid calculations
2. Demonstrate opioid conversion and calculation strategies when developing a care plan for patients with pain
3. Discuss appropriateness of opioid selection and patient-specific factors that warrant adjustments to an opioid regimen
4. Review online opioid dose calculators and pros and cons to each
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-20-035-H08-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- Huntsville Hospital is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved for 1.0 hour by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Huntsville Hospital designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Huntsville Hospital and Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy. Huntsville Hospital is accredited by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 Attendance