Opioid Epidemic in Alabama: Access to Treatment and Resources, Shanna McIntosh
The presentation will provide detailed information on how to access treatment for substance use in the state of Alabama, specifically those with OUD. Many providers and practitioners in our state are unaware of the resources offered through state systems or for profit agencies. This presentation will educate on best practices and provide specific referral pathways for treatment and recovery in the state of Alabama.
The Opioid Training Institute is a cooperative effort of the Alabama Department of Mental Health and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. It is made possible by a grant provided by SAMHSA.
This knowledge-based program is intended for Pharmacists (ACPE), Nurses (ABN), and Physicians (ACCME).
•Identify resources available for those with OUD
•Explain how individuals gain access to treatment resources
•Describe challenges and barriers for individuals with OUD to receive resources
•Demonstrate best practices for successful use of state resources and admission to treatment facilities
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-9999-23-014-H08-P and is intended for pharmacist. The initial release date for this home-study program is March 3, 2023 and the intended expiration date is March 3, 2026.
ABN - Auburn University Harrison College of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- Huntsville Hospital designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Huntsville Hospital and Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy. Huntsville Hospital is accredited by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity is approved for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) towards the Alabama Controlled Substance Certificate (ACSC) holders requirement.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Attendance