Recorded Type 2 Diabetes in Older Adults: Balancing Benefit and Overtreatment
This CE program will provide insight into managing type 2 diabetes in older adults. The presentation will focus on cardiorenal outcomes and drug therapy benefiting those outcomes.
This knowledge-based program is intended for Pharmacists (ACPE) and Nurses (ABN).
- Review recommended glycemic goals and treatment options for older adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Discuss the time to benefit for intensive glycemic control and glucose-lowering therapies for microvascular and macrovascular outcomes.
- Describe the limited clinical data available for cardiovascular and renal outcomes for older adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Analyze trial data and apply the results of cardiovascular and renal outcomes trials to older adults with type 2 diabetes.
A copy of the presentation slides are located within the course content. Once you have registered for the course, please navigate to the 'Take Course' tab and click the navy blue 'Take Course' button. Navigate to the 'Course Materials' section of the course using the left-hand menu and download a PDF version of the program presentation.
Dr. Haley M. Phillippe is an Associate Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice with Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy (HSOP), and Clinical Associate Professor of Family Medicine with the University of Alabama School of Medicine, Huntsville Campus. Her practice site is a large family medicine center, where she provides disease state management and pharmacotherapy services to patients, and actively educates medical residents, medical students, pharmacy residents, and pharmacy students. Dr. Phillippe also has more than 10 years of practice experience in skilled nursing facilities. Her professional interests include geriatrics, anticoagulation, diabetes, transitions of care, and drugs of abuse.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-23-028-H01-P and is intended for pharmacists. The initial release date for this home-study program is July 5, 2023, and the intended expiration date is July 5, 2026.
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have a COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.