Resistance is Futile: Updated Gram-Negative Resistance Guidelines
This CE presentation is meant to provide a brief overview of the two guideline updates from IDSA in 2020 (ESBL, CRE, DTR Psuedomonas) and 2021 (AmpC, Carbapenem resistant Acinetobacter baumannii, and Stenotrophomonas maltophilia). The focus will be on the AmpC portion of the 2021 update as well as the 2020 update in its entirety.
This knowledge-based course is intended for Pharmacists.
1. Outline what medications/medication classes should be avoided in AmpC producing organisms
2. Define what an ESBL-E producing organism is and identify three medications/medication classes that may be considered for treatment of an ESBL
3. Identify three potential medication options to treat CRE
4. Choose appropriate antimicrobial agent(s) to treat DTR Pseudomonas aeruginosa based on site of infection
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-22-012-L01-P and is intended for pharmacists. The initial release date for this live program is February 16, 2022, and the intended expiration date is February 16, 2025
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have a COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.