Updates in Stroke Management
Significant updates in the management of acute stroke have been implemented over the last 18 months - specifically DAPT in the acute setting and timing of initiation of OAC after a cardioembolic stroke.
The target audience for this course is Pharmacists and Nurses.
- Discuss the window of opportunity and role of early reperfusion therapy with intravenous fibrinolysis
- Analyze the role of dual antiplatelet therapy in the acute and chronic treatment of ischemic stroke
- Determine a safe and appropriate antithrombotic treatment option in the setting of atrial fibrillation
- Discuss the timing of anticoagulation for secondary stroke prevention in the setting of atrial fibrillation
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-20-057-H01-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 Attendance