Urine Drug Testing, Dr. Taylor Steuber
Urine drug testing is a valuable tool for providers who are caring for patients on opioid medications as well as other controlled substances. It is important for them to know differences among types of tests and how to interpret results based on patient-specific factors.
The Opioid Training Institute is a cooperative effort of the Alabama Department of Mental Health and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. It is made possible by a grant provided by SAMHSA.
The target audience for this course is Pharmacists.
- Describe the benefits of urine drug testing
- Identify different types of urine drug testing and their pros/cons
- Interpret results of a urine drug test including potential false positives
- Utilize results of urine drug test for clinical decision-making in a patient prescribed long-term opioid therapy
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-20-032-H08-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- Huntsville Hospital is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved for 1.0 hour by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Huntsville Hospital designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Huntsville Hospital and Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy. Huntsville Hospital is accredited by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 Attendance