2021 Preceptor Development Live Webinar
Summary: This unique program was developed to educate and assist preceptors on interprofessional education, motivating students, improving student performance, demonstrating to students the importance all practice settings, and improving overall communication. Engaging material will include interactive lectures, group discussions, and real-world examples.
Target Audience: This knowledge-based program is intended for community or institutional pharmacists.
- Describe Alabama Board of Pharmacy requirements for preceptors and training sites, school requirements, and preceptor expectations
- Describe preceptor qualifications, training, and certification
- Explain techniques for providing effective feedback
- Given examples case scenarios, apply strategies to prevent and manage difficult learning situations
- Identify potential methods to incorporate students into clinical settings
- Develop plans to individualize learners interests within the clinical setting
1:00 - 1:05 pm Welcome/Instructions
1:05 – 2:00 pm Precepting in Alabama: School of Pharmacy Expectations/Requirements & State Board Laws/Rules – Lynn Stevenson
2:00 - 3:00 pm We Need to Talk... Providing Effective Feedback – Lena McDowell
3:00 - 4:00 pm Incorporating Learners into Busy Clinical Settings – Amber Hutchison
4:00 - 4:15 pm Q & A and Closing
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-21-024-L04-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- 3.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.