The Safe Use of Hazardous Drugs Policy Review
The purpose of this presentation is to educate and promote safe work practices for all employees who handle, prepare, administer, and clean up spills of hazardous medications; it is imperative to minimize occupational exposure to hazardous drugs to decrease the risk of adverse health effects. We will assess the knowledge of the participants with an assessment quiz and completion of the Hazardous Drug Acknowledgement Form.
This program has been planned for Baptist Health employees. An access code will be required.
This knowledge-based course is intended for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians with Baptist Health Systems.
1. Review of state and federal laws surrounding the pharmacy practice including the requirements for the dispensing of medications, prescriptions, prescribers, and controlled substance regulations
2. Compare and contrast the rules and regulations for pharmacist, interns, and technicians.
3. Describe key components of USP 797
4. Describe key components of USP 800, including the NIOSH drug list, Assessments of Risk, and Rules and Regulations for Infusion and Community Practice.
5. Review the Baptist Health Safe Use of Hazardous Drug Policy for all staff.
6. Review Baptist Health Informed Consent, Hazardous Drug Acknowledgement Form, and Pregnancy Declaration and Request for Alternate Duty.
Carrie Webb is the Director of Pharmacy for Montgomery Cancer Center. She is responsible for the oversight of the Montgomery Cancer Center Infusion pharmacies in Montgomery and Prattville as well as their specialty pharmacy. She graduated from Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy in 2003 and has been practicing pharmacy for 18 years. Prior to joining Montgomery Cancer Center, she spent 11 years in long-term care.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-22-001-L07-P/T and is intended for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 ACPE TechnicianAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
Please click ADD TO Cart. You will be directed to your shopping cart for check out or you can proceed to check out by clicking on the shopping cart icon at the top right of your screen.
If you have a COUPON CODE, it can be applied on the shopping cart page or the CHECKOUT page. Please click APPLY TO ORDER.
Proceed to CHECKOUT and fill in your information. Choose your payment method and REVIEW ORDER.
You will be directed to our payment system to complete your order. An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address on file.
Once your order is complete, you will now have access to the course materials. Return to the course page and click TAKE COURSE to proceed.