Treating Pain in Adolescents, Dr. Lea Eiland
This presentation will focus on treatment options for pain in the adolescent population. Pain may occur after trauma, such as sports injuries or
procedures, such as wisdom teeth extraction in this population. Non-pharmacological therapies should be considered, as well as non-opioid
pharmacological therapies. Pain management with opioid medications may be indicated, but best practices should be used when prescribing treatments, and patient education should occur to the patient and caregiver. We are in an opioid epidemic crisis at this time. Adolescents, age 12-18 years, experience pain and are prescribed opioids for treatment. Best practices should be utilized with this population when treating pain.
The Target Audience for this program are Nurses, CME, ANCC, and Pharmacists.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-20-047-H08-P and is intended for pharmacists.
- Huntsville Hospital is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved for 1.0 hour by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Huntsville Hospital designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Huntsville Hospital and Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy. Huntsville Hospital is accredited by the Medical Association of the State of Alabama to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC
- 1.00 Attendance