Recorded LIVE @ LUNCH - Bempedoic Acid for Treatment of Dyslipidemia
LIVE @ LUNCH - Bempedoic Acid for Treatment of Dyslipidemia webinar is part of our LIVE @ LUNCH Webinar Subscription. There are five 1-hour courses included in this webinar series and each can be purchased separately for $25 each. If you are interested in signing up for the $100 webinar subscription for all 5 LIVE @ LUNCH programs, you may do so by clicking on the following link below and will receive a code to register for any/all webinars.
LIVE @ LUNCH subscription for $100 includes:
- April 14th from 12-1pm - Bempedoic Acid for Treatment of Dyslipidemia
- June 9th 12-1pm- Pharmacologic Approaches to Glycemic Treatment
- August 11th from 12-1pm - Clostridioides Difficile
- October 13th from 12-1pm - Influenza Update 2021
- December 8th from 12-1pm - Flip the Pharmacy initiative
By continuing here and registering, you are signed up for only the LIVE @ LUNCH - Bempedoic Acid recorded webinar CE program and NOT the subscription of 5 courses.
Technology Requirements - Computer and Internet access is required to complete this activity.
Target Audience: This experience and knowledge-based program is intended for Pharmacists and Nurses.
- Evaluate the current evidence regarding the efficacy and safety of bempedoic acid for LDL-C lowering in patients with dyslipidemia.
- Discuss the role in therapy of bempedoic acid for treatment of dyslipidemia.
- Identify patients who would be appropriate candidates for use of bempedoic acid based on current lipid guideline recommendations for non-statin therapy.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) continues to be a leading cause of death in the United States, and dyslipidemia is one of the primary risk factors for the development of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD). Bempedoic acid is a new non-statin lipid lowering medication that is FDA approved as monotherapy or in combination with ezetimibe as an adjunct to diet and maximally tolerated statin therapy for the treatment of adults with established ASCVD or heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia who need additional LDL lowering. This presentation will review current lipid treatment guidelines, discuss the literature evaluating safety and efficacy of bempedoic acid for the treatment of dyslipidemia, and identify patients who may benefit from bempedoic acid therapy.
Auburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide. The Universal Activity Number for this knowledge-based program is 0001-0000-21-004-H01-P and is intended for pharmacists.
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515.
- 1.20 ABNAuburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy is a Board approved provider of continuing nursing education in Alabama by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider Number: ABNP1515
- 1.00 ACPE PharmacyAuburn University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education; credits are recognized nationwide.